Sunday, July 9, 2023

Camp Wapsie 2023

     Last week I got back from Camp Wapsie. I went there last year, and I decided to come back this year. Both years I went with my friend Jane, who loves Wapsie just as much as I do. we went week 3, and the theme was Holidays. We got there on Sunday the 25th, and got back Saturday, the first. Last year, we were in Cabin 7 (the youngest girl cabin), so we expected to be in Cabin 8, but we were in Cabin 7 again. No complaints, though, because our counselors were amazing, and because we were the youngest cabin (and only girls' cabin) to get the 5P, the Super Duper (the cleanest cabin award) all five days. There were many girls also who was in Cabin 7 last year, though, so we weren't the only ones. 

Morning Activities - there was Camp Crafts (you basically cook the food they have planned at the boys' end firing), canoeing, preforming arts (my favorite), arts and crafts, guitars, outdoor games, the Hope Tango Tower, archery, and the store.




(The smoke from Canada was really bad that day and I was right next to the fire)

On Wednesday, we have more of a calm time called Be Still, and there were tons of different activities, I chose reading.


  On Thursday we had Stage Night (this week it was Stage Afternoon, as it was so smokey), and I sang Stiches because that was the song that I sang for my singing concert. I also participated in our whole cabin act, where someone in our cabin recited the first thirty digits of pi, and then we pied our consolers in the face.

Thursday was also Theme Day, and we had this whole game where the minor holidays got upset and so they ran away, and we had to bring them back. Then we had a whole big holiday that celebrated all holidays called Wapsie Day. There were a lot of activities, but I went to the Nukum courts with someone in my cabin to bury her feet (We did it all the time during 4:00 Swim instead of swimming, so by this point, I was a pro)


On Friday we played everyone's favorite game, it's a game we only play on Friday, if you win (which no one has ever done before), you get the tower in your backyard, along with three of the horses, all of the Wapsie toilet paper, and all of the soda and candy from the store, MISSION IMPOSSIBLE!!! There are 21 tasks and if you complete all of them, you have to ring the bell. At the end of the game, the bell gets rung and you have to see if it was a team of campers, or the director. You have to be in groups of three or more. If no one wins, there is something called a Weekly Wapsie Weener, and you get a certificate and something else. My team, Me, Jane, and another girl from our cabin, got thirteen points, but we didn't win. 

After that, we have the dance. You could dance, play bean bag toss, Jenga, Frisbee, or just hang out.






No comments:

Post a Comment